Thank you for signing up to receive holiday lighting installation and removal requests on Thumbtack! We’re so excited to bring you extra business this holiday season. To get you started, we wanted to provide some tips on setting your prices and sending quotes to customers.
Set your price.
Most holiday lighting installations on Thumbtack range in price from $150 to $400 – with the average coming in around $310. If you are new to holiday lighting installation and removal, define how aspects of the job affect your pricing:
- Choose to set a fixed price, square footage based price, or price by the hour. For example, Thumbtack pros typically charge between $75 and $120 per hour for holiday lighting installation and removal services.
- Explain if there are differences in pricing for installing lighting or decorations on the home as compared to installation on trees or shrubs.
- Is removal included in your pricing?
Craft your quotes and messages to include personal details.
Introduce yourself to future customers with quotes that grab their attention. Here are 5 tips for writing great quotes:
- Greet customers by name.
- Address any specific details the customer included in their request.
- Show you’re qualified. For example, describe similar jobs you’ve done in the past or share your years of experience and credentials.
- Encourage customers to check out your profile and reviews.
- Provide next steps. Ask the customer to respond to set up an appointment. Start a conversation by encouraging questions and ask your own for more context.
Discuss the details of the job.
Once the customer is interested, discuss the following project details so everyone is happy:
- Would the customer like you to provide specific types of holiday lights or decorations?
- Will extension cords be necessary to complete the job?
- Does the customer want to be on site during the installation or removal?
Want more tips? Check out these Top Pro tips for winning more business over the holidays.