Even if it’s been awhile since your last summer vacation, there’s something about several months of sunny days that never fails to invite possibility. Whether you’re an adult or a kid, it’s a great season to learn new things or increase your skills in familiar disciplines.
But apart from the time you’ll need to dedicate to getting schooled this summer, you’re likely wondering how much can you expect to pay for it. Of course it varies from region to region and instructor to instructor, but we took a look at tens of thousands of quotes from Thumbtack professionals across the country and calculated some averages:
- Hit your numbers – Math skills are the most likely to be forgotten by students over the summer. Hiring a tutor to combat this will cost about $40 an hour.
- Tickle the ivories – Is the Piano Man your spirit animal? Take it note by note with piano lessons, which run at a national average of $50 an hour.
- Dance it out – Looking to debut some Latin-inspired moves on the dance floor at an upcoming wedding? An hour-long private salsa lesson will run you about $60.
- Dive on in – If you’re looking for private swimming lessons, expect to pay about $75 per hour. Or pay about $35 per lesson as part of a bigger group.
- Whisk it good – Lost in the kitchen? Consider cooking lessons. Expect to pay $50 per hour for a private lesson, or take a session of group classes for about $120.
Ready to get started improving yourself? Come to Thumbtack today and find out who’s available to change your life.