Lots of Thumbtack cleaners in your area offer move-out and move-in cleaning services so every part of your home or apartment looks its best. We asked Thumbtack cleaners to provide their top tips for a successful move-in/move-out cleaning.
1. Ask about cleaning procedures and cleaning supplies. It’s important to know what will and won’t get cleaned, so ask about the company’s normal procedures. Also ask about supplies, like whether the cleaner uses (or can use) eco-friendly products.
2. Tell your cleaner about any furniture you have. Most move-out and move-in cleaners will expect an empty home or apartment. If there are any pieces of furniture left behind, be sure to let the cleaners know in advance so they’re prepared.
3. Tell your cleaner about any pets. They may bring additional supplies to eliminate odors and remove pet hair.
4. Schedule the cleaner to come after the movers leave. For move-out cleaning, it’s important to have the cleaner come after the movers have left to ensure the home remains in sparkling condition for the next owner or renter.
5. Ask about extra services. Some move-out cleaners can help with light chores such as spackling nail holes in the wall or painting over scuffs. Just ask! If they can’t do it, hire a handyman that can.